Sunday, February 6, 2011

England vs Germany


What is it about English football that in any major tournament we make it so hard to get through to the next stages? I'm not sure if the players like to tease their fans but yesterday's game was certainly a nail biter. The downside of course is having to play Germany in the next round which will no doubt be even more nerve racking, although some of my fellow viewers do not think it is such a bad thing.

Despite the nerves it was a fun afternoon yesterday and also an excuse to make use of some of my occasional furniture that otherwise would not see the light of day. My normally redundant love seat provided some very handy extra seating as did my leather ottoman bench for the various bodies huddled around the TV. Of course, I inevitably had to remove some of my more fragile items from display such as my abstract sculpture and lotus lamps as there was much leaping around and shouting every time England came close to scoring. I'm sure you can picture the scene and therefore the potential for a major accident!!


So now I have a couple of days to get my breath back before doing it all over again on Sunday. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy having my friends around but I'm just not sure my nerves can take the stress of the game! But I have the champagne buckets at the ready along with the wine bottle accessories and beer, because we all know our history with Germany so if we do win we will definitely have something to celebrate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment